So I have to thank Hannah from Sporadic Intentions for kindly nominating me for the Liebster Award, which is lovely of her, but I have no idea what it is. A little internet research didn't tell me if there is an *actual* award, but it seems to be kind of like a chain letter for bloggers... I'm not averse to that, and if it helps boost awareness for myself and other blogs, well why the heck not.
There are rules:
- You must post 11 random facts about yourself;
- Answer the 11 questions from the person who chose you;
- You must also create a new set of 11 questions for who you tag;
- You must tag 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and let them know - you cannot tag
them back. (I think this means that they can't tag me back).
- I'm adding my own rule here: let's encourage everyone to join these blogs' Google Friend
Connects... surely that's the whole point, to boost readership, right?
So let's get started. Firstly my 11 random facts all about moi:
1. I'm an Aquarius yet never read my horoscope;
2. My cat is called Mango, which of course I realise is a fruit, not an animal;
3. I'm a great multi-tasker: case in point, I'm writing this AND watching Modern Family both at the same time;
4. I have an irrational fear of bananas in supermarkets...
5. ...and spiders. That's definitely a phobia, though. Fact #4 is caused by Fact #5;
6. I was obsessed with vampires WAY before Twilight came along. And Buffy.
7. I read Enid Blyton and Chalet School books as a child which made me want to go to
boarding school and have a midnight feast. And climb the Magic Faraway Tree.
8. I taught English in Japan for three years;
9. I've also lived in Gibraltar and France;
10. I speak a poor combination of French and Japanese - Frapanese!
11. I've never accomplished any of my goals in Fact #7. I'm over them now.
The questions posed to me:
1. Have you always been interested in fashion?
Yes, ALWAYS. I grew up with two older brothers and didn't appreciate having to wear their hand-me-downs. No wonder I thought I was a boy!
2. Do you get inspiration from books/music?
My music taste has influenced my fashion choices since I was a teenager. I'm very much into indie/rock/guitar bands and my fashion choices lean slightly more to alternative than mainstream.
3. Do you always follow trends?
I like to stay aware of current trends, but will only ever wear something if I think it suits me.
4. Is fashion in your family?
No. It's definitely bypassed certain members of my family... hi, Dad!
5. Potter or Hunger Games?
Hunger Games. I love the Harry Potter books but Katniss kicks ass.
6. Vogue or Elle?
I don't actually read either. Shocker!
7. Canon or Nikon?
I'm currently borrowing a friend's Nikon.
8. Are your nails as much of a statement as your clothes?
I have been known to coordinate outfits around my nails...
9. Jumpers or cardigans?
Both. Not at the same time.
10. Starbucks or Costa?
Costa is the poor man's Starbucks.
11. Paris or New York?
Paris, je t'aime. I <3 NY.
Here's my eleven questions for those blogs I tag:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Biggest fashion calamity?
3. Favourite cheese?
4. TOWIE or Made in Chelsea?
5. This season's must-buy item?
6. Best beauty tip?
7. Your favourite blog?
8. Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
9. Your most overused phrase?
10. How many languages can you swear/curse in?
11. Skinny jeans or disco pants?
And here's who I'm tagging: let me know when you've answered!
London-bred Ladies Who Lunch
Love From Lucie
Jessica Louise Catherine
An Accidental Discovery
Going the Extra Style
What We Where
In the Land of Style